HOUSE BUILDING: QUALITY VS PRICE
HOUSE BUILDING: QUALITY VS PRICE
WHAT FACTORS AFFECT YOUR CONTRACTORS OFFER
If you build a house or have started researching into building your new home, then you will realise that it is perhaps the biggest and most important investment you will ever make and the decisions you will take in the next few years will follow you for a lifetime!
This is reason why you will need to make a comprehensive study to find the best possible options to make the most of your budget.
Usually the factor that most influences the decisions of young couples with regard to building their own home, is inevitably the cost. Any savings that can be made are very important, especially for such a large investment.
WHICH ARE THE AREAS WHERE QUALITY SHOULD NOT BE COMPROMISED?
WHICH OPTIONS ARE WORTH INVESTING AS TO NOT HAVE REGRETS IN THE FUTURE?
It is a known fact that for the same house you may be given different price quotes.
What can be the differences in a cheaper and a more expensive offer?
Below we explain which points can have a decisive influence in the construction cost, but also in the quality of your home.
- Insulation: The choice of insulation materials and the process is an extremely important issue for avoiding losses in thermal insulation and moisture.
By choosing cheaper insulating materials or even by not administering insulation where required, a relative saving can be achieved, however, it will significantly increase the cost of energy consumption and maintenance.
It is wise to pay attention to moisture and mould which are health related!
Choice of bricks is another is another important factor in insulating a house. The efficiency of the bricks is determined by the number of holes. There are bricks with 7, 9 and 11 holes on the market. The more holes, the better insulation and less energy costs.
- Window Reinforcement /Cracks: Cracks in the plaster of the walls are among the most common problems in a home. The most prone areas are where the columns touch the concrete and the corners of the windows, this is due to the contact of materials which contract and expand. This can be dealt with the appropriate grids and support that extend along these diagonals and retain the plaster. This process requires additional man-hours and materials, but has been proven to be a worthwhile investment, significantly reducing maintenance cost.
- Concrete and Iron: Concrete quality plays a big role in the quality and durability of a home; the correct grade of concrete throughout the house should be used to ensure uniformity. With regards the iron rods inserted into the concrete, a Russian made iron which is on the market is considered to be of inferior quality. Complaints have been made that even after some quantity has been removed, standards have not been met. In general, concrete is an area that should not be compromised in quality as it concerns the structure of the house itself and can create many future problems.
- Construction Specifications: The specifications of the materials and methods to be used in the construction also have a determining role in its costing. It is often considered that some materials specified in a lower offer are satisfactory, however in the process, changes could be made that could significantly increase the costs. For this reason, it is important that all specifications offered by the contractor are studied before an agreement is made. Where material and companies are specified, it is advisable to have contact with these companies in order to understand all the details regarding the specifications.
- Emphasis on Construction: The construction of a house is a large and important project, which consists of many smaller projects and tasks such as frequent spraying of the concrete; cleaning of the construction. Spraying concrete is often avoided but is very important at keeping a ‘clean job’.
For such a large project, frequent control and diligence by the main contractor to the subcontractors in a necessity. The planned operation of all tasks is important from beginning to the end of the project reflecting in the company’s entire presence, communication and professionalism.
- Professional Team: When choosing a construction company, you will often only come in contact with the contractor and the architect. Equally important is the rest of the team who will take over the construction of your home.
- Trust: Finally, for such an important project you surely need a trustworthy contractor who will advise and guide you at every stage. At Kantou Construction & Developers we choose the path of quality and professionalism and do not compromise design and construction in order to attract more customers. Part of our philosophy is to exceed our customers’ expectations at every stage!
Contact us today on 99627453 and give us the opportunity to build your dream home!